Findmall.com

This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.

Christian Metal Detecting Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Found a good one yesterday..........
Posted by: Mike from MI "Iron Brigade"
Date: November 09, 2019 10:09AM
Had a free hour so I went to a park I have been going to for years. It has produced many wheat cents and silver coins for me. They are harder to find now but I know there are still some there. I only dug two memorials, one nickel, and this Standing Liberty Quarter. These are hard to come by as they were only made for 15 years. I dug another one at this park about 5 years ago when Chicago Mike was there with me. That one was in beautiful shape. Always a joy to see silver in the dirt.

Re: Found a good one yesterday..........
Posted by: steve in so az
Date: November 09, 2019 07:06PM
A rare coin for sure, WTG. They are rarely found I believe. Steve in so la

Posted by: Missouri--Ma Betty
Date: November 10, 2019 05:52AM
Congrats Mike on detecting in the cold & for finding the goodies! Do any of the Standing Liberties, even if almost dateless or completely dateless have any value?? Just haven't been able to buy the newer coin books, as yet--I can't go shopping & Walmart stores aren't near STE Genevieve, MO for Tami to go & buy for me! What does your coin book give on pricings?? I have some SL Quarters!but don't know how many right now! Thank you! Ma

Like most coins.........
Date: November 10, 2019 10:09AM
most styles are common dates with not much value, but there are some good dates that are more valuable.

Re: Like most coins.........
Date: November 11, 2019 12:07AM
Is there any value above the 25 cents on no dates or poor dates? I have a very good dated one 1925, 1927 or 1929 or something --can't remember for sure--but a nice coin with clear defined date! Just haven't detected for so long that I haven't kept up with my coins--moved too much since leaving St. Louis, MO in Feb 2014! & info is still packed in boxes! Not able to do much! SAD!! Thank you! Ma

Re: Like most coins.........
Date: November 11, 2019 04:42AM
Hi Mike--Above the silver value that is what I mean't! Ma

Hey ma.........
Date: November 11, 2019 11:18AM
Some of the best dates are 1918 with the 8 over a 7, 1921, and 1923 S. Certainly there are several that have some decent value, based on condition.

ma.......
Date: November 11, 2019 11:22AM
25 and 29 are common, 27 D has a little more value, and the 27 S is even better yet.

Posted by: doc holiday232
Date: November 12, 2019 10:13AM
Use to see those SL all the time when I was a kid------70+ years ago.

:canadaflag:nice silver me sonN/T
Posted by: Leslie(nova scotia)
Date: November 13, 2019 03:47PM

(This message does not contain any text.)

Re: ma.......
Date: November 13, 2019 06:20PM
Thanks Mike, just not lucky enough to find the scarce or rare ones! Oh well, I am still blessed--BECAUSE HEY I am still living or trying to be alive that is! SMILE! My Internet server was down off & on & then last two days it was off more than on--working now but not sure if they fixed the problem on their end or not? Anyway found out I'M addicted & was not happy! CRY! LOL! Ma

Date: November 13, 2019 06:36PM
Hi DOC--don't you wish that you had kept them for now--WOW just think you might have kept some real valuable SL'S like the guy who kept the 1943 Copper Penny that was in his lunch box? When we came back from vacationing out WEST in the 60's, we had loads of Silver Dollars--should have kept all of them BUT they were so heavy for the pocket & to keep that the stores kept giving them as change instead of greenbacks! Now that is a sad tale, too! Ma

Posted by: SeniorSeeker
Date: November 22, 2019 01:10AM
WTG Mike! Awesome Find!