Findmall.com

This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.

Christian Metal Detecting Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
First hunt of the new year......
Posted by: Mike from MI "Iron Brigade"
Date: January 05, 2020 09:16AM
First hunt of the new year yesterday. Hunted a 100 year old yard. First coin of the new year was a 108 year old wheat cent. Found 5 wheats total. The fun one was under an old clothesline (still being used). A couple inches down popped out a 94 zinc penny that had a clean circle on it so I knew another coin was in the hole. Was surprised to see a 1919 S wheat that was with it. Also dug an old tool tag, an older no value token, some clad, and misc. Best find of the day was a Masonic penny (token) from Texas dated 1898. Sure is great having thawed ground in January.

Good start - -.....
Posted by: steve in so az
Date: January 05, 2020 10:27AM
to the year. With all those wheats there should be silver around. Thx for the pixs - very few any more. Steve in so la

Re: First hunt of the new year......
Posted by: 7centsworth
Date: January 05, 2020 11:30AM
Those are some nice finds. I always like seeing you name coming up on my phone I always know you have found something good. And it gives me the itch to get out more. Someday we will get to detect together. I agree with Steve not many finds posted anymore. I don’t coin hunt much anymore. But when I do find a coin relic hunting it is usually a old one. And I get pumped when I see a coin laying in the dirt.

Christian Ky Boy
Minelab x-terra 70
Minelab pro find

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/05/2020 11:32AM by 7centsworth.

Re: First hunt of the new year......
Posted by: Missouri--Ma Betty
Date: January 05, 2020 08:13PM
Congrats Mike for the ability to dig easier weather & for the finds--Doing good in finding the copper oldies & now may you dig up the Golden & Silver Oldies & Travis, also, for they are what makes DREAMS come true! :thumbup: Ma