Findmall.com

This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.

Beep & Dig Detecting Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
ANY NEWS ON TESOROS :shrug:
Posted by: C.J.M.
Date: September 07, 2019 04:39PM
Anyone heard anything on anyone buying out Tesoro:unsure:cjm45

Re: ANY NEWS ON TESOROS :shrug:
Posted by: chuck, ky
Date: September 07, 2019 04:54PM
Didn't know they were trying to sell. Thought they just gave up and threw in the towel.

Posted by: bulletman
Date: September 07, 2019 07:53PM
I believe they are onto their second real estate agent. Just type in their address and you will come up with the info and asking price. I believe the real estate was priced at 1.5 mil.

Bulletman

Shalom

Posted by: chuck, ky
Date: September 07, 2019 08:34PM
Are they just trying to sell the building. The business should bring pretty good money.

Date: September 07, 2019 08:50PM
I would think that the business itself is for sale also. First Texas has acquired a couple of companies. Perhaps, they could do the same with Tesoro? Dave Johnson could chime in on this subject. I believe they (First Texas) could revamp the Tesoro line-up and make it popular again.

Bulletman

Shalom

Posted by: tvr
Date: September 07, 2019 09:05PM
To me, I think First Texas has products that completely overlap the Tesoro product line. The First Texas brand names probably have better overall name recognition than Tesoro. While I would like it, from a support of old detectors point of view, to have First Texas pick up the Tesoro brand, I really don't see it happening.

Posted by: Mega
Date: September 08, 2019 01:39AM
If Tesoro had anything of any value then it would have been snapped up just after they closed the doors last year,they will never return to the detecting scene either as the Tesoro brand or any of the previous models under a new brand name like FT etc,its just not going too happen.

Another couple of once top brand names in the Detecting arena that i feel that are also going to be 'has beens' and that is Whites and possibly Garrett,Whites i feel its just a matter of time when they end up like Tesoro,no engineers and you can only revamp detectors a certain amount of times.

So that is my prediction,Tesoro have gone,Whites will be next and possibly within the next 2-3 years and Garrett within 4-5 years.

Detecting is normally 89% frustration due to trash/iron, 5% I wonder what it is, 3% nice coinage/artefact, 2% wow that’s worth something and 1% YIPPEE it’s a find of a lifetime.

It’s a case of take it slow and easy and something will turn up one day.

Posted by: Dig-a-holic
Date: September 08, 2019 04:01PM
Those money hungry chinese will probably start copying them.

Posted by: IowaRelic
Date: September 13, 2019 12:32PM
FT really needs to waterproof their machines and they would still be pretty relevant imo. They need a simultaneous multi frequency built off the T2 platform. I’d buy 2.

Posted by: Carl-NC
Date: September 13, 2019 10:38PM
Mega
So that is my prediction,Tesoro have gone,Whites will be next and possibly within the next 2-3 years and Garrett within 4-5 years.

White's, very likely, but 5 years at least.
Garrett, unlikely.

Posted by: Carl-NC
Date: September 13, 2019 10:46PM
bulletman
I would think that the business itself is for sale also. First Texas has acquired a couple of companies. Perhaps, they could do the same with Tesoro? Dave Johnson could chime in on this subject. I believe they (First Texas) could revamp the Tesoro line-up and make it popular again.

There is absolutely no value in the Tesoro business for First Texas. First, Tesoro has a miniscule share of the market so it would be a lot of work for little gain. Second, I already have all the schematics for Tesoro designs, we could make any of them we wanted and just call them something else. Third, FTP is knee-deep in trying to revamp its own products, so adding Tesoro to the effort would be devastating. Finally, no one else was interested in Tesoro, so I think that about sums up the value there.

Date: September 14, 2019 09:43AM
The value of a "beep and dig" is underestimated in my opinion. Many of us old timers still enjoy classic cars too. Just go to some of the car shows and the hotrod nationals and you'll find all age groups represented. Sure, these cars don't have GPS and all the other digital gizmos built in. Many don't even have air conditioning, but they are still highly sought after, even though most drivers will never own one. Simplicity at its best.

Bulletman

Shalom

I have been reading on other forums
Posted by: vlad
Date: September 16, 2019 02:48AM
that many Tesoro users were going over to Deep Tech Vista units with phenomenal results.
Like some other now defunct brands you may find individuals literally building Tesoro units on a per unit order basis (as per Nautilus.or the Tek Mk-1.)
And Keith Wills @ East Texas Metal Detectors can repair Tesoros or about anything else.
(He got my Garrett Master Hunter BFO working.)

Re: I have been reading on other forums
Posted by: Sven
Date: September 17, 2019 05:27PM
Yup, former Tesoro owners can look to DeepTech for what's to come.
Once you try the new Vista X, not sure how much you would miss a Tesoro once you use one for awhile. And now that they have a second coil for it. The new 5.7" DD.
A bit more expensive metal detector but, worth it. Consider it is much better than the Tejon...................

Those guys who offer New Tesoro builds are just reverse engineered older units, projects born on the Geotech Forum. Where anyone who is interested in building detectors
should visit. There are many detector projects even the White's IDX. Guys there will sell you the bare circuit board so you can solder your own parts on.
For those that don't know, former White's engineer Carl Moreland, now at Fisher with Dave Johnson owns Geotech and is Admin. By the way Carl just answered a post, couple posts up. He is Carl-NC for those who don't know.

Not sure if I can post the forum link so just google Geotech Forums

Nokta/Makro--Cruze'n with the Simplex for 2020
DeepTech Vista X, and maybe a few others
Self built Mirage Pi --- works great in trashy areas!!

Re: I have been reading on other forums
Posted by: kittlitz
Date: September 18, 2019 02:45PM
I suspect there's a Vista X in my future, perhaps next Spring if a concentric coil is available by then. If it works out for me, I'd then sell my Tejon and Vaq. Planning to keep my Mojave, Bandido II and Golden Umax, though. Those machines are just so much fun to use.

-Ken