Findmall.com

This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.

Beep & Dig Detecting Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
I'm going to miss the Tesoro business model
Posted by: Phillip_in_NM
Date: September 16, 2019 02:57AM
Years ago, my good friend backed his Bronco right over his Tesoro Golden Sabre which had been leaning against his rear bumper. He sent it into Tesoro and they sent him a brand new machine.

After he told me this, I had to get a Tesoro. I wanted to do business with a company that had such a great business model.

When my Compadre started acting up in December of 2018, I boxed it up and mailed it to Tesoro - just as the website told me to do. I didn't insure it and I have never found the shipping receipt.

Along about April or May, having not heard anything and having read about Tesoro problems on the forums, I figured I was just out of a Compadre. I figured it had either gotten lost in the mail or was sitting at some dead letter office after being turned away at Tesoro company headquarters.

Lo and behold, I got a call on a Sunday evening a couple of weeks ago from a man identifying himself as a Tesoro employee. He just wanted to verify that my address hadn't changed in the 8 months since I had mailed the detector to them. A couple of days later, I received my Compadre with a brand new coil.

Lifetime warranty on a metal detector??? I'm afraid those days are gone forever. Tesoro - I'm glad I knew you!

www.thetruthtransforms.com

Re: I'm going to miss the Tesoro business model
Posted by: C.J.M.
Date: October 27, 2019 03:28PM
So sad that someone did not know how to run the old shop and let it go to the devil:devil:

Posted by: dirthunter
Date: October 27, 2019 04:46PM
Don't seem like the sons had much interest in keeping it going!!

Posted by: Sven
Date: October 28, 2019 05:20AM
Well, after 40 years since childhood you were doing the same thing, you might get bored and want to do something else with your life. Can't blame them-the Gifford kids.
They may have kept the company going for the fathers sake, who had a dream, the sons didn't really share....................closing the company may have been like a breath of fresh air.

Nokta/Makro--Cruze'n with the Simplex for 2020
DeepTech Vista X, and maybe a few others
Self built Mirage Pi --- works great in trashy areas!!