Findmall.com

This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.

Beach and Water / Scuba Dive Detecting Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Re: Finally - some news about the Manta - its the Fisher Impulse AQ
Posted by: lytle78
Date: April 25, 2019 06:42PM
Modern crimped on bottle caps are a marvel of material engineering. Complex alloys/plating - problems for all discrimination systems.

Rick Kempf

Re: Finally - some news about the Manta - its the Fisher Impulse AQN/T
Posted by: LS hunter
Date: July 26, 2019 10:21PM

(This message does not contain any text.)

Posted by: LS hunter
Date: July 26, 2019 10:27PM
Bottom line a 1M 2000. detector? Some Revenue will definitely be lost...At least 3M.would have been nice..

Posted by: OldBeechnut
Date: July 27, 2019 12:58PM
After the warranty runs out one could do Modifications so it could be used deeper. Hoping for a 2 to 3 year warranty, then go from there.

Blood Member of RingKeepers
2020......Gold Rings....1 Silvers ...2

Date: July 27, 2019 04:59PM
By the time your warranty runs out, Alexandre will have dreamed up something even better. This is (I strongly suspect) just the start of a lot of exciting new stuff.

The timeline for introduction is still shrouded in mystery - perhaps even from Fisher management. It’s a big new step - very demanding coil specs, complex multi-layer circuit board, whole production process to lay out and qualify. This ain’t Apple or Microsoft, it’s a small business with many demands on its limited resources in personnel and funding. They REALLY don’t want to screw this up by releasing this thing with issues.

The good news, the wheels are grinding, extremely fine, it takes time.

Rick Kempf

Posted by: Daddy
Date: August 14, 2019 11:04AM
lytle78
By the time your warranty runs out, Alexandre will have dreamed up something even better. This is (I strongly suspect) just the start of a lot of exciting new stuff.

The timeline for introduction is still shrouded in mystery - perhaps even from Fisher management. It’s a big new step - very demanding coil specs, complex multi-layer circuit board, whole production process to lay out and qualify. This ain’t Apple or Microsoft, it’s a small business with many demands on its limited resources in personnel and funding. They REALLY don’t want to screw this up by releasing this thing with issues.

I really do hope that it won't be too much longer. Already passed on the Equinox 800 when it came out. The waterproof TDI is sounding better with every month that passes with no Manta .... :sadwalk:

Metal Detectorist - Dig hard and deep.
F75, TDI BeachHunter, Equinox 800, Excalibur II, Yukon Coin Hustler II, Mirage PI, Eldorado

Date: August 14, 2019 05:31PM
Daddy
lytle78

I really do hope that it won't be too much longer. Already passed on the Equinox 800 when it came out. The waterproof TDI is sounding better with every month that passes with no Manta .... :sadwalk:

Daddy.........You woke me up when I seen this at the top of the page!

I was thinking the same (TDI Beachunter) until my dag Excalibur came down sick and I was stuck more or less hunting in PP for several hours. It still gave me some discrimination info once I got closer to the target but still a real pain in a target heavy area. The right place the TDI might be the ticket, but way more versatile would be a machine that hits deep (Or deeper) like the TDI, and discriminates out most targets except gold. It will discriminate (block) clad coins and silver but I am looking for Gold!!

We have held on this long, unless one is desperate, wait this thing out. Christmas is coming fast.

SO I got the excalibur back (close) to normal by replacing the (top knob Pot) Discrimination Potentiometer. It's More sensitive then I like but working as it should.

All 14k, total weight 39 grams..

Date: August 14, 2019 07:03PM
I don’t know much and can say even less, but I am now confident that the program is progressing. No excuses offered - probably none needed - they never “promised us a rose garden”.

I have - as I posted a while ago - handled one last October in San Diego. It was everything that LE.JAG has said.

I have owned two TDI’s and a Beach HUnter ID. I expect the Beachhunter TDI will work fine and users will have success with it. I also am convinced that the Impulse AQ will out perform it, but that’s just me talking and until production machines are in the hands of serious practitioners like you folks, we will not have a consensus judgement as to its “value proposition”.

Rick Kempf

Posted by: bklein
Date: September 01, 2019 10:02AM
OldBeechnut

SO I got the excalibur back (close) to normal by replacing the (top knob Pot) Discrimination Potentiometer. It's More sensitive then I like but working as it should.

Sensitive due to the pot taper you were stuck with, or?

Date: September 01, 2019 10:21AM
bklein
OldBeechnut

Sensitive due to the pot taper you were stuck with, or?

It was a discrimination issue. If the target was shallow it could ID it in disc mod, but if the target was very deep it could not determine ferrous or non ferrous. So I would get a deep target in pp but when switched to disc with the toggle it would not give me a ID. Either silence or a null ..most of the time, silence. I would have to be almost on the target to get a disc ID..and this is odd I had two excaliburs go this way. I am almost thinking in time if you use the toggle for several years the quick, on / off from pp to disc then back has caused the issue. I had this on another excalibur a few years ago. So this time around to save myself tons of digging I first replaced the coil on one of the excaliburs and it did not change, then I changed the disc pot..boom that was the issue. So now I have changed out all three pots on all three machines and problem solved. I do notice that coils and sensitivity can vary...

Date: September 01, 2019 10:24AM
Come on "AQ"............

Posted by: denny45
Date: September 30, 2019 01:21PM
The first time I’ve heard of fisher working on a new pi was back in 2012.

Date: September 30, 2019 04:26PM
The AQ is the first result of FT acquiring the “Manta” project in France and hiring the team headed by Alexandre Tartar the designer. That took place a little over 2 years ago.

When the AQ will reach production status is anybody’s guess, but it is progressing from prototype to producible product.

Rick Kempf

Posted by: nmarsh
Date: October 01, 2019 11:03PM
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=fisher+impulse+aq ANYONE INTERESTED IN WATCHING A VIDEO OF THE FISHER IMPULSE AQ DETECTING A GOLD RING UNDER A PILE OF NAILS WATCH ABOVE. I just went to youtube and typed in Fisher Impulse AQ metal detector. and up popped this video.Time to start saving up the dollars whatever it takes.

Posted by: denny45
Date: October 12, 2019 02:12PM
nmarsh
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=fisher+impulse+aq ANYONE INTERESTED IN WATCHING A VIDEO OF THE FISHER IMPULSE AQ DETECTING A GOLD RING UNDER A PILE OF NAILS WATCH ABOVE. I just went to youtube and typed in Fisher Impulse AQ metal detector. and up popped this video.Time to start saving up the dollars whatever it takes.
saw the video many times. Is the gold ring really under the nails or in the middle of the pile with maybe a nail over it.