Findmall.com

This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.

Beach and Water / Scuba Dive Detecting Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Couple small pieces of Gold
Posted by: OldBeechnut
Date: August 23, 2019 09:37AM
Out doing some recon for another Honey Hole in the Chesapeake Bay yesterday, Searched deep for targets but very little other then a couple sinkers, worked my way in close to shore where it is fairly trashy. Crab pot pieces, iron, aluminum pieces and trash. Cherry pick'en I was able to nail a few small pieces of yellow using coil control, separating the good from the bad. I'm not a big fan of going thru a trashy area but when I know the history of the spot and the chances of.......... I will work every piece that goes under the coil using the small 7.5 inch coil on the excalibur. The medallion is the size of a one dollar gold coin, 10k..1.5 grams then the High school emblem from a HS ring is .5 grams....10k

Blood Member of RingKeepers
2020......Gold Rings....1 Silvers ...2

Re: Couple small pieces of Gold
Posted by: tvr
Date: August 23, 2019 04:25PM
Looks like some nice older gold. Hope you pull more out of that spot!

Posted by: bootyhoundpa
Date: August 24, 2019 02:17PM
Nice score Joe....

Posted by: vito
Date: August 26, 2019 11:05AM
Congrats OBN. Looks like some work!? :clapping:

Posted by: Waterdog
Date: August 27, 2019 11:42AM
Nice gold, hope you continue to find the gold as always :detecting:

Posted by: dewcon4414
Date: September 02, 2019 07:32AM
i see dollar signs there Joe those are easy to let go of to melt. From all your gold the past few years...... id say Ring Daddy is ready to by the AQ lol.

MDT 8000, EQ 800, CTX, Blue Xcals
Dew Meeker

Posted by: OldBeechnut
Date: September 02, 2019 11:03AM
Many Thanks for the kind replies! And Good Luck to all with the hurricane coming up the coast..

dewcon4414
i see dollar signs there Joe those are easy to let go of to melt. From all your gold the past few years...... id say Ring Daddy is ready to by the AQ lol.

For sure buddy, I have a small bag of Misc gold ready to go out..Come on "Fisher "AQ"

Blood Member of RingKeepers
2020......Gold Rings....1 Silvers ...2

Posted by: Daddy
Date: September 02, 2019 07:10PM
Since I couldn't wait any longer, and purchased both the TDI BeachHunter and the Nox, the "AQ" should be released at any time, now! Isn't that the way it usually goes? That's okay, though, as I like to wait until a detector has been around for little awhile, and tested, before buying one. Then again, it might be nice to be the one that's doing the testing??

Nice gold you got there, OBN.

Metal Detectorist - Dig hard and deep.
F75, TDI BeachHunter, Equinox 800, Excalibur II, Yukon Coin Hustler II, Mirage PI, Eldorado