Findmall.com

This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.

Beach and Water / Scuba Dive Detecting Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Re: minelab coil covers & sand !!!!!
Posted by: GeorgeinSC
Date: October 08, 2019 07:50PM
I don't find the sand to be a real problem. When I get home I wash the detector, pop the coil cover off and wash it thoroughly and snap it back in place. Cleaning the machine is just part of my routine when I get home from the beach.

Minelab Sovereign GT With an assortment of coils
Garrett Pro Pointer
Leche digging tool
Minelab Excalibur II
T-Rex 9.5 wet sand scoop

Posted by: foiled again tab hunter
Date: October 09, 2019 07:33PM
GeorgeinSC
I don't find the sand to be a real problem. When I get home I wash the detector, pop the coil cover off and wash it thoroughly and snap it back in place. Cleaning the machine is just part of my routine when I get home from the beach.

Thanks George.....that's what I had been doing.....& probably go back to doing that.....I'm not to keen on the wire ties now...….Larry.

Posted by: Wandering Karl
Date: October 10, 2019 08:21AM
Ive stayed out of this thread as it truly puzzles me. I don't see what the problem is with making coil cleaning a part of the overall cleaning I give my machine at the end of each long hunt. Taking care of an expensive piece of gear isn't something I am looking to cut corners on.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/10/2019 08:22AM by Wandering Karl.

Posted by: Mkus
Date: January 07, 2020 07:50AM
Lexal clear silicone caulk works great and is removable,
Mark

Posted by: Dan'O
Date: January 09, 2020 09:47AM
Digger 45
I use bathroom caulking and seal the complete coil, looks good if done right and never have to pull the cover off again.

Yep, straight up clear silicone calk for me. That way it can be removed if needed. I have one cover that is a little loose fitting so I put some in the coil cover as well and it works great.