Findmall.com

This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.

Beach and Water / Scuba Dive Detecting Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Last two days...2 gold rings, #114, #115 for the year
Posted by: OldBeechnut
Date: November 13, 2019 01:38PM
Out Tuesday and Wednesday deep in the water looking for Gold, It's been nasty and cold both days. 25 degrees this AM when I hit the beach. High NW winds really lowered the water so when that happens..I am there no matter the weather. The two hunts together total about 6 hours, both from the same beach. Day one's 14k ring was deep in sand, around 14 to 18 inch's the other 14k shallow in a hard shell base, maybe 6 to 8 inch's. All found using a Modified Minelab Excalibur. Taking off a few days but the weekend is looking good..

Blood Member of RingKeepers
2020......Gold Rings....1 Silvers ...2

Re: Last two days...2 gold rings, #114, #115 for the year
Posted by: denny45
Date: November 13, 2019 02:36PM
Nice

Posted by: tvr
Date: November 13, 2019 05:24PM
Nice gold! Water at the place I frequent was low, but not as low as I'd like. Come on NNW winds; strong and for many hours!

Nice Finds and You Are Sure Tough in the Cold!
Posted by: wpaxt
Date: November 18, 2019 10:15AM
Way to go yet again OBN.

I'd rather brave the elements where you are than fight the elements out here in LA.

I decided Saturday afternoon to hit the beach for an afternoon 0.0 low tide. Let's just say jammed freeways, over 2 hours of bumper-to-bumper traffic and a packed beach wasn't worth the $1.97 in clad that I found. I'll take that cold water and no people any day!

Bill

Posted by: MattBullSummerville
Date: November 20, 2019 09:45PM
You can always give up beach hunting like I did Bill and move to Idaho like so many others are doing from California. Just have to switch to prospecting and searching ghost towns. Oh don’t worry about bumper to bumper. There’s places you can drive for hours and not see another car. Way to go on the 14k ring OBN!