Findmall.com

This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.

Beach and Water / Scuba Dive Detecting Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Pinpointer help
Posted by: Sigfla
Date: December 25, 2019 10:16PM
I am trying to decide on my first PP. Its between a Garrett AT Pro, Minelab 35, or Pulse Dive. The primary use is probably on land with some use at the beach as well. Maybe a 70/30 split between the 2. I like the Pulse Dive bc I also scuba and having that ability is a plus. The Garrett being US based was my first choice as it appears to be the most common in use these days. Any help or advice is greatly appreciated. If it makes any difference I am using a Minelab 600.

Re: Pinpointer help
Posted by: GeorgeinSC
Date: December 27, 2019 08:30PM
I like the Garrett Pro Pointer AT. Works well in all environments. I rarely use it at the beach. Because if the surf will allow I will be in the water deep as I can go and don't want it to float away. Garretts repair service if ever needed is outstanding.

Minelab Sovereign GT With an assortment of coils
Garrett Pro Pointer
Leche digging tool
Minelab Excalibur II
T-Rex 9.5 wet sand scoop

Posted by: Waterboy64
Date: December 28, 2019 09:44AM
I have the Garrett Pinpointer. I like it, but I only use it on dry land. Note it is only rated to 20". Most of my dives are 25' +/-, so I'm looking at alternatives.

Posted by: GeorgeinSC
Date: December 28, 2019 08:07PM
WB I think it is rated to 3 meters not 20 inches.

Minelab Sovereign GT With an assortment of coils
Garrett Pro Pointer
Leche digging tool
Minelab Excalibur II
T-Rex 9.5 wet sand scoop

Posted by: Waterboy64
Date: December 29, 2019 08:21AM
:)) true 20'.

Posted by: slingshot
Date: January 06, 2020 11:52PM
Anyone tried the yellow land and sea pinpointer? It is waterproof deeper than most others.

Myself and a friend use them.
Posted by: vlad
Date: January 07, 2020 02:56PM
Has a light on the side, good sensitivity; depth, vibration and audio settings. I like it more than a MINELAB PRO-FIND which caused more interference with my detectors than anything I've used.:throw:
(beats the hell out of 'Tiny Tek' or the original Whites Bullseye) :poke:
Settings can be a little tedious. Its a PI and batteries do not last: when it gets low it turns itself off (sometimes after turn-on it might shut off in a few seconds.)
Make sure you have a spare, or two.
One thing I have noticed is with the cap screwed down its a little roomy and the battery contact may be intermittent, so get a piece of foam to make it a tighter fit..
~never had it underwater but did use in the rain~

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/07/2020 03:02PM by vlad.