Findmall.com

This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.

Vintage Detecting Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Re: Teknetics coils, for Mark 1
Posted by: TH'r
Date: June 01, 2019 03:41PM
Anyone know the difference between the Teknetics grey 10 inch coil and the Teknetics white 10 inch coil ? I saw a post by George Payne that said the white coil was one of the best they made. I had seen a grey one a friend had but not a white one ?

Posted by: straker
Date: June 03, 2019 12:33PM
Teknetics made a bigger 12" gray coil,based off the 8" gray coil that came standard on the 'Bud' series. It was very heavy. I've heard that the white 10" thin profile 'Magnum' coil as being superior. I believe 'Litz' wire was used in their construction. Bounty Hunter makes a black variant of the white 10" magnum coil,but not sure if performance is on par.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/03/2019 12:35PM by straker.

Date: June 03, 2019 12:53PM
Thanks for that info. Makes sense now why he considered it one of the best Tek coils made as he mentioned using Litz wire was better than copper. Does anyone have a photo of that coil as I have never seen it ?

Posted by: straker
Date: June 03, 2019 04:44PM
Go to Page 1 of this topic and look at the first post. There is a photo of coils. Look at the lower left hand corner and one is shown.

Date: June 04, 2019 08:15PM
Thanks. Never seen one in person. Great collection of coils he has. I have the 7 and a 15 inch Whites but always wanted the 10 as a medium of the two.