Findmall.com

This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.

Vintage Detecting Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Re: Here's an interesting read @ the birth of Teknetics
Posted by: This Dwayne
Date: February 16, 2018 11:16AM
I think i figured it out. I have 2 of the grey Mark 1 detectors. Both look pale green to me. My dad was colored blind and maybe i have a little in my genes. LOL..
I think the grey changes a little in color over the 35 years. I know I don't look as good as i did in 1984. Look at the pictures I attached. Grey on the inside of both units. So you must be right Two Mark 1s, 1 Green ,1 Red were manufactured. Thanks for the response.

Dwayne

Posted by: straker
Date: February 16, 2018 12:24PM
I've seen some grey box Teknetics go from grey to a beige color. Sort of what happens when a white coil turning yellow over time from exposure to light.

Re: yes....
Posted by: Melbeta
Date: March 27, 2018 02:58PM
I was a dealer back then as well. My first Mark 1 I sold to a young kid, and later that day he phoned me to tell me he found a pair of gold wedding rings. Turned out they were his sisters rings and she lost them in their yard. It was a good laugh. He got a divorce, and came in some years later and sold the Mark 1 back to me, and I have it still this day.
Melbeta

Posted by: Keith(OH)
Date: January 10, 2020 02:59PM
I have a PRG