Findmall.com

This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.

Vintage Detecting Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Nautilus Question
Posted by: Happy_Hour
Date: March 22, 2019 06:18PM
Would like to try this detector. Of all the models, which one would be the best to learn.

Nautilus Questions
Posted by: vlad
Date: March 23, 2019 07:03AM
Try either the DMC-2b, or 2ba; the first one needs manual balance of coil winding's, the second does it electronically (touch of a button).
Both have high transmit power, with the edge going to the 2b which is adjustable, the 2ba its fixed.
(If you hunt really bad ground the DMC-4b is better, 4kHz and uses 6X 9volts instead of 4.)
Hit the Beep & Dig Forum for more info, or Comparisons. :thumbup:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hiCbyP-BKjk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDajpMyNAbQ

Re: Nautilus Question
Posted by: Harold,ILL.
Date: April 03, 2019 11:19AM
I always preferred the IIBa as I am a set it forget it type Guy. Also My first Nauty was the IIBa when they first came out. It had the thicker heavier coil which never gave Me a issue like some of the newer thinner ones did. Wish I still had that first one as dug a 12" Indian head penny with it using the 8" coil non the less.
They have a sweet soft modulated soft disc. only tone on deep coins. Once you dig one you will not forget it.

CZ-3D
Golden uMax

Better is the a relative term. 2ba easier to balance coil, but you also can’t tell when coil is getting out of balance, etc.
Posted by: jtalley007
Date: April 14, 2019 06:31PM
Also, the 2-b retains the all metal and discrimination sensitivity. You can run all metal sensitivity higher than discrimination giving you about 2” or so more depth that discriminate won’t beep on.
Remove the first couple inches, if it gets louder but still no beep, it’s a bad target.

If it’s a good one based on what you are discriminating out, then it will beep, even if a slight chirp initially.

With the 2-b you will also notice as the coil gradually goes out of balance, if it does.

With the 2-ba it will go from working to not if the coil goes out of balance but you won’t know it until it quits.

Hope this helps

Re: Nautilus Question
Posted by: giuhalftrack
Date: August 18, 2019 03:31PM
I have all the two version of nautilus... and the only drawback is the weight.
sometime i prefer the IIa because I'm lazy... i think it's a great machine in clean areas and for deep search.

the IIa could be easily modified to have the "preset control" moved on the panel.