Findmall.com

This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.

Vintage Detecting Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
RARE Garrett Spartan 175
Posted by: giuhalftrack
Date: August 20, 2019 03:16PM
I'm not related to the auction... unfortunately the shipping for Italy are too high.

https://www.@#$%&.com/itm/Vintage-Garrett-Electronics-Spartan-175-Metal-Detector-Working-Condition-Red/254334517223?hash=item3b3784bfe7:g:lgkAAOSwKzVdULmB

this is the rare spartan 175 featured in Karl Von Muller treasure hunter manuals.

Re: RARE Garrett Spartan 175
Posted by: Tom_in_CA
Date: August 20, 2019 05:28PM
link isn't working

Posted by: Sven
Date: August 20, 2019 05:30PM
Rare but not rare. Just a reboxed, re-metered Garrett The Hunter zero-drift BFO from what I can tell. The electronics look the same as my Hunter.
Karl used to advertise them heavily during his Examino publishing days. I almost bought one back then. That is also when BFO's were the best thing going.
Karl was a real smart cookie with a ton of common sense that anyone can learn from and apply to daily living. Loved getting the Prospectors Gazette. I even had a number of his silver arrowhead necklaces which were made from Spanish Silver Treasure that was alloyed with some gold.

Nokta/Makro--Cruze'n with the Simplex for 2020
DeepTech Vista X, and maybe a few others
Self built Mirage Pi --- works great in trashy areas!!

Date: August 22, 2019 03:00PM
Tom_in_CA
link isn't working

ohh sorry, it was an @#$%& auction but probably the link was "jammed" by the website

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/22/2019 03:06PM by giuhalftrack.

Date: August 22, 2019 03:04PM
Sven
Rare but not rare. Just a reboxed, re-metered Garrett The Hunter zero-drift BFO from what I can tell. The electronics look the same as my Hunter.
Karl used to advertise them heavily during his Examino publishing days. I almost bought one back then. That is also when BFO's were the best thing going.
Karl was a real smart cookie with a ton of common sense that anyone can learn from and apply to daily living. Loved getting the Prospectors Gazette. I even had a number of his silver arrowhead necklaces which were made from Spanish Silver Treasure that was alloyed with some gold.

yes i got two books of mr. Karl (TH 6 and TH 7)... i'm very fascinate by those early technologies.. so sometimes I google for it :)

so it's the same machine as the garrett hunter ? i like to build this units but unfortunately i never found data for garrett machine (schematic)

Posted by: alaskaseeker
Date: November 19, 2019 08:21PM
Basically a useless detector, no depth and noisy, i had a Garrett BFO if the target was on the surface you had a chance. Lol.. The only thing ,i can say good about it was it did cause me to Listen carefully and pay. attention...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/19/2019 08:28PM by alaskaseeker.