Findmall.com

This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.

Minelab SD, GP, & GPX Classroom Forum

Welcome! Log In Register
Re: Minelab GPX on well pounded sites?
Posted by: soky72
Date: February 09, 2017 01:27PM
Thanks 3Ringer! Got my well worn 4500 in lat night. I picked it up pretty cheap from a propspector but it was filthy dirty and scratched all to hell but he assured me it ran as it should. I cleaned on it and all its components for 2-3 hours last night, charged the battery, and took it outside for about 10 minutes with some settings I'd picked up here and another forum which were almost identical. It was so easy to set up and it sounded great. I was beside an industrial area and it gave the blanking and warbling I'd expect from an iron rich place with one classic sweet sounding target or sweet as those I've heard in videos online. I didn't have a shovel and it might have been iron but it definitely rang smooth unlike all the other targets. I'm thrilled so far and hope I can convert those nice tones into relics!

Posted by: Digger70pa
Date: June 02, 2018 04:06PM
I'll be the first one to say the minelab GPX detectors are the deepest I've ever used. It's put over 350 bullets in my collection this year so far at beaten spots. HH

From The Great Appalachian Valley Minelab Fisher Teknetics Whites Garret detectors.

Posted by: Mega
Date: June 02, 2018 09:29PM
Digger70pa
I'll be the first one to say the minelab GPX detectors are the deepest I've ever used. It's put over 350 bullets in my collection this year so far at beaten spots. HH

What type of depths are you getting these bullets on average with the GPX,assuming its with the stock 11'' DD coil or are you using another coil,just trying too get some indication of a average depth.

Detecting is normally 89% frustration due to trash/iron, 5% I wonder what it is, 3% nice coinage/artefact, 2% wow that’s worth something and 1% YIPPEE it’s a find of a lifetime.

It’s a case of take it slow and easy and something will turn up one day.

Posted by: Digger70pa
Date: June 03, 2018 03:33PM
Mega

What type of depths are you getting these bullets on average with the GPX,assuming its with the stock 11'' DD coil or are you using another coil,just trying too get some indication of a average depth.
I'm using the 15" ultimate spiral coil. I've dug bullets as deep as 15" in the ground. I dug a few today in the 14" range. I measured them with my pinpointer. That's not taking into account of air gap either. That's in the ground. With the stock coil I was getting 12"-13" depth. If & when I get in to a place with no emi the depth potential is great. HH

From The Great Appalachian Valley Minelab Fisher Teknetics Whites Garret detectors.